Reviewed works tagged this way are what you would commonly call art books, including sketch books. They are curated and published sets of pictures without a narrative of their own. As such they are neither individual works of art, nor sequential art, nor illustrated ordinary books.
I do not review art in general, and my focus in the text of these reviews is not the art, which is usually taken from other works, such as movie posters or backgrounds. This whole category exists as a cheat for me to expand coverage of my favourite creators, usually with the excuse that the same works also contain text about and/or material from works in my wheelhouse.
- “My Scrapbook” (1981)
- “The Citroen 2CV Is the Descendant of French Aircraft of the 1930s” (1985)
- The Art of Star Trek (1995)
- The Art of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: Watercolor Impressions (1996)
- The Art of Princess Mononoke (1997)
- “Friends & Enemies” (2016)
- “Rice Boy Sketchbook” (2016)
The following make direct references to the nonsequential art tag.