Curtis (Wikipedia) is a British writer, producer, director and narrator of documentaries, though rarely all at once. He’s been working for the BBC since the 1980s, making TV miniseries with considerable depth, usually expressing a clear and reasonable opinion. Curtis is famous for his approach of extensive archive mining, resulting in illustrative and humorous incidental footage, lightening his touch on some very complicated interdisciplinary themes.
- Pandora’s Box (1992) Writer-director
- The Living Dead: Three Films About the Power of the Past (1995) Writer-director
- The Mayfair Set: Four Stories About the Rise of Business and the Decline of Political Power (1999) Director
- The Century of the Self (2002) Writer-director
- The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear (2004) Writer-director
- The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom (2007) Writer-director
- Bitter Lake (2015) Writer-director
- HyperNormalisation (2016) Writer-director
- Can’t Get You Out of My Head (2021) Writer-director
The following make direct references to the Adam Curtis tag.
- The Shock Doctrine (2009)