手塚 治虫 (Wikipedia) is a dead god.
Tezuka is widely regarded as the most influential figure in manga, partly because official adulation of Tezuka after his death in 1989 became a means of obscuring early realistic anti-establishment comics which was often more serious work. His lifetime production is huge and a lot of it is very commercial, but he has made some arthouse pieces for festivals and the like.
- “Tales of the Street Corner” (1962) Writer
- “Ningyo” (1964) Director
- “Pictures at an Exhibition” (1966) Writer-director
- “Sougen no ko Tenguri” (1977) Writer
- Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature (1984) Writer-director
- “Jumping” (1984) Writer-director
- “Broken Down Film” (1985) Writer-director
- “Legend of the Forest” (1987) Writer-director
The following make direct references to the Tezuka Osamu tag.
- Phoenix 2772 (1980)
- “I Parted Ways with Osamu Tezuka When I Saw the ‘Hand of God’ in Him” (1989)
- The Lion King (1994)
- Tezuka’s Barbara (2019)