A tag for organizing content
This genre of comedy gets a tag partly because it’s a specific kind of fiction. I habitually classify filmed performances of stand-up comedy as non-fiction because, although scripted and edited, they are still records of real events in a truer sense than fiction film or even the filming of stage plays.
- Richard Pryor: Live in Concert (1979)
- Eddie Murphy: Delirious (1983)
- Släng dig i brunnen (1991)
- Eddie Izzard: Definite Article (1996)
- “Dave Chappelle: For What It’s Worth” (2004)
- Wyatt Cenac: Brooklyn (2014)
- “Dave Chappelle: Equanimity” (2017)
- “Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation” (2017)
- Deep in the Heart of Texas: Dave Chappelle Live at Austin City Limits (2017)
- The Age of Spin: Dave Chappelle Live at the Hollywood Palladium (2017)
- “Ted Alexandro: Senior Class of Earth” (2018)
- Bill Burr: Paper Tiger (2019)
- “Michelle Wolf: Joke Show” (2019)
The following make direct references to the stand-up comedy tag.