川尻 善昭 (Wikipedia) is a director who rose from the ranks of humble animators.
Kawajiri’s fame in the US and Europe seems based on the violent and misogynistic urban power fantasies he directed in the late 1980s, which had English-language releases when the markets were small and the “video nasty” qualities of the material helped gain attention.
- Conan, the Boy in Future (1978) Key animator
- Armageddon: The Great Battle with Genma (1983) Key animator
- Barefoot Gen (1983) Key animator
- Lensman (1984) Director
- The Dagger of Kamui (1985) Key animator
- Barefoot Gen 2 (1986) Key animator
- “Firebird: Space Chapter” (1987) Storyboard artist
- “The Running Man” (1987 entry) Writer-director
- Wicked City (1987) Director
- Demon City Shinjuku (1988) Director
- Goku Midnight Eye (1989) Director
- “Goku: Midnight Eye II” (1989) Director
- A Wind Named Amnesia (1990) Writer
- Cyber City Oedo 808 (1990) Director
- Record of Lodoss War (1990) Key animator
- Ninja Scroll (1993) Writer-director
- The Cockpit (1993) Director
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000) Director
- Metropolis (2001) Key animator, layout artist
- The Animatrix (2003) Writer-director
- Redline (2009) Key animator
The following make direct references to the Kawajiri Yoshiaki tag.